Some of the pictures link to the websites giving more information about the local area.
You just need to hold your finger on or tab the picture.
Numero cinq is nestled on the outskirts of Oradour Saint Genest and is surrounded by natural beauty. Outdoor
activities for people of all ages and interests are accessible just a short drive away.
It may interest you to take advantage of:
- Fishing several lakes in the local area have specimen carp 60lb+. Dave can help you book a days fishing.
- Mountain and road biking.
- Star gazing.
- Horse riding.
- Lac Saint Pardoux offers a wide range of activities.
If you fancy something a bit more man made:
- Historic towns.
- Restaurants & bars.
- Preserved villages
- The quite country roads make them great for motor bikers.
- Local adventure centre.
- Local cinema.
- Shopping centres.
- and more.
The pictures on this page show:
- Oradour-Sur-Glane, on 10th June 1944 642 inhabitants were destroyed by the Waffen SS, the town is unchanged.
- Montmorillion, The city of writing with a gothic bridge, monuments and some very good cakes.
- Chauvigny, an attractive city of art with five châteaux and Roman architecture. There is a large Saturday market..
- Montreal Senard, a quaint village with pretty church. From 2/4-2/11 volunteers open late 19th century buildings.
- La Souterrine, medieval centre protected by fortified enclosures built in 12th century. 4K Bridget's tower is worth a visit.
- Limoges, great for shopping, fine dinning, museums, Cathedrals, romantic gardens, mysterious medieval passages and even a train station with spectacular architecture. World rebound for porcelain
and enamels on metal.
- .Saint Pardoux, 330 hectare of lake set in unspoilt countyside. Activities include: sailing, pedalos, canoeing, fishing, swimming, walking, an acrobatic park with zip line, forest snowboard,
aerial bike or you can relax on the lake beach.
- Le Dorat, a small town close to the gite partly surrounded by its original 15th century defensive walls with attractive gardens. A selection of places to eat, enjoy a coffee, shop between viewing
the impressive church and architecture.
For more detailed information, ask Lynn or Dave or visit the local tourist office.
Local offices include; Le Dorat, Bellac or Montmorillon.